Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I know

I know I heard your voice... so so long ago. Now here I stand and I crowd to glance at you, dont matter if I fall. So I say "I love you" in that soft kind of way. You smile at me and nod if understood. I point again. You nod again. I gaze at you happily as if you had chosen me. Then a cord you play, a memory dug up. Then I remember, sadly, I have to move on. I feel your eyes apoun my head, its all you can see, then and there do you remind me.... you'll only drag me down. I know you wander, and damn I know you wander far, so as the stars come out. You made me cry... you made my body cold as stone. You make me happy as a song bird. There and then, that bitter sweet memory, that cord you play, that tune you hum, and that line I felt you called to me... "It aint' me, babe."

No comments:

Post a Comment